- A video baby monitor IS worth the money when you have an insomniac monkey child.
- I did look like a baby giraffe trying to walk in heels when I was 12. (I now look like an adult giraffe walking in heels since the occasion for me to put heels on my forever swollen, post-children feet is rarer than a giraffe walking on the moon.).
- You never really get used to the taste of the “fat-free/light/no sugar added” ice cream.
- Never put anything in print you wouldn’t want the whole world to see.
- “You’ll understand someday when you have kids.” This is probably the truest thing my mother ever told me. I can’t wait to start saying it to my kids.